Documentation required for students who intend to DEFEND THEIR PROPOSAL.
1. Student must Formalize their Committee, this is done via the following:
i. Please review Graduate School’s designated deadlines
2. Reserve a room for your Defense
a. When you have your date and time ready, make reservation for the conference room at: (http://enme.umd.edu/facstaff/resources/me-conf-room-requests)
3. The week prior to your proposal please provide us (ME Grad Office, via email) the following: a. Title of your proposal:
b. List of all Committee members (Chair, 3rd member, committee members):
c. Date of your proposal defense
4. Student must have their committee fill out the Proposal Defense Form (this is the Oral Exam Assessment Form, found at http://megrad.umd.edu/graduation-requirements/defense-forms/).
a. Please be sure to select the appropriate Assessment Form from the link (Their is a Proposal Defense Form and a Final Defense Form)
b. Please note that form is intended to be handed to you committee chair person during the assessment. The chair should then to send the completed forms to the Grad Office
5. Once you have satisfactory defended your PROPOSAL DEFENSE, you will need to Note and Provide us with the following:
a. A pdf copy of your Proposal Paper
b. A copy of the signature page of your Thesis or Dissertation proposal that includes:
1. The signatures of your entire committee.
2. For the Dissertation/Thesis style guide please go here: http://gradschool.umd.edu/sites/gradschool.umd.edu/files/uploads/DissertationThesis/etd_style_guide_201508.pdf
3. Refer and use templates provided at: http://gradschool.umd.edu/students/academic-progress/thesis-and-dissertation-filing
6. Once you have satisfactorily completed all of your coursework, per your Plan Of Study. You may then move on to the next steps.
a. A Plan of Study should have been completed before your 2nd semester, If not, please complete it immediately.
7. Complete the Application for Admission to Candidacy Form.
8. We will forward the completed Application for Admission to Candidacy Form on to the registrar once it has been approved and signed by all applicable persons.
9. Once the Application for Admission to Candidacy Form is approved by the registrar, you may register for 899 Credits in your advisors designated section.
a. Student’s may contact the Registrar’s office and request to be registered for 899 Credits. (email@example.com)