Documentation required for students who intend to DEFEND THEIR PROPOSAL.
- Student must Formalize their Committee, this is done via the following:
Please review Graduate School’s designated deadlines Here:
- A week prior to your proposal please provide us (ME Grad Office, via email) the following: 1. Title of your proposal: 2. List of all Committee members (Chair, 3rd member, committee members): 3. Date of your proposal defense
- Reserve a room for your Defense
- a. When you have your date and time ready, go ahead and make reservation for the conference room (http://enme.umd.edu/facstaff/resources/me-conf-room-requests)
- Student must have their committee fill out the Proposal Defense Form (this is the Oral Exam Assessment Form, refer to the attached).
- Please note that form is intended to be handed out to each committee member during the assessment. The committee members are then to send the completed forms to the Grad Office.
- Once you have satisfactory defended your PROPOSAL DEFENSE, you will need to Note and Provide us with the following:
- A pdf copy of your Proposal Paper
- A copy of the signature page of your Thesis or Dissertation proposal that includes:
1. The signatures of your entire committee.
2. For the Dissertation/Thesis style guide please go here:
Refer and use templates provided at: http://gradschool.umd.edu/students/academic-progress/thesis-and-dissertation-filing
5. Once you have satisfactorily completed all of your coursework, per your Plan Of Study. You may then move on to the next steps.
6. Complete the Application for Admission to Candidacy Form.
7. We will forward the completed Application for Admission to Candidacy Form on to the registrar once it has been approved and signed by all applicable persons.
8. Once the Application for Admission to Candidacy Form is approved by the registrar, you may register for 899 Credits in your advisors designated section. The student may contact the Registrar’s office and request to be registered for 899 Credits. (email@example.com)