Naval Research Enterprise Internship Program-NREIP
Description Of NREIP
This ten-week intern program is designed to provide opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in research, under the guidance of an appropriate research mentor, at a participating Navy laboratory.
NREIP interns will be selected based upon academic achievement, personal statements, recommendation, and career & research interests.
Award Duration And Stipend
The internship has a duration of 10 weeks. Stipend levels will be determined by the student’s years of participation in the NREIP program. Stipends will range from $5,400 to $10,800. Stipends will be paid bi-weekly via direct deposit.
- $5,400: New undergraduate student participants
- $8,100: Returning undergraduate students (students MUST have completed a full 10 week program in a prior year to receive this level).
- $10,800: Graduate students (students must currently be in graduate school and taking graduate school courses to receive this level).
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time at an accredited college institution. Studens enrolled in high school, but taking college course must apply for our SEAP program.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens. Permanent Residents and Dual Citizens may be accepted at a few labs. Please consult the lab’s page to be certain.
- Students graduating in the Spring 2019 semester are eligible to apply. If you expect to graduate by Winter 2018, unfortunately, you are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be on track to acquired a minimum of 31 credit by the end of Spring 2019. Eligibility will be determined by the number of credits you possess at the end of Spring 2019.
- Applicants should have majors relevant to the research interests of the laboratories.
- Students attending two-year colleges, who meet the major and credit requirements, may be eligible at the laboratory’s discretion. Please contact the laboratory you are interested in participating with directly to find out if you meet their requirements, as they may vary.
The last day to submit an application will be November 2, 2018 at 6:00 PM Eastern. References and transcripts are also due on November 2, 2018 at 6:00 PM Eastern.
Awardees as well as Non-Awardees for the Summer 2019 NREIP Program will be notified in January 2019.
Research Start Dates
Start Dates will vary based upon the lab. The earliest anyone can start at a lab is Mid-May.