The IIT is currently accepting applications for a postdoc and a PhD position, in the areas of Operations Research and Machine Learning under the direction and supervision of Prof. Sara Lumbreras.
About the Institute:
The IIT is a unique multidisciplinary centre with over thirty years of experience in areas including mathematical modelling and Artificial Intelligence, with intense participation in the power sector. The IIT belongs to Universidad Pontificia Comillas, a university located in the city center of Madrid, Spain, with a tradition in Engineering that extends for over a century.
Three years. The selected applicant should start by March 2022 but can start immediately if he/she so prefers.
Competitive compensation is offered. More details can be found at www.iit.comillas.edu/contratosIeF/…
Requirements for the PhD position:
- An Engineering degree (MSc), a Mathematics degree or a Computer Science one, with basic knowledge of Optimization (LP, MIP) and basic knowledge of Machine Learning.
Requirements for the postdoc position:
- PhD in Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science, with advanced knowledge of Optimization (LP, MIP) and basic knowledge of Machine Learning Experience in model development (GAMS or Pyomo)
- At least one publication related to Optimization in an indexed journal.
- Fluent English level, and very good academic record.
- Good writing skills.
- Resilience and a taste for discovery.
The project will focus on the explainability of Mathematical Optimization models in terms that can be understood by the humans responsible of the decision. The research work will require a theoretical component and a practical one, where the candidate will have the opportunity to get to know the power sector in the applications of the method. He/She will be integrated into an interdisciplinary team where he/she will grow in experience and knowledge in a fast-growing research field that is expected to grow in prominence in the next few years.
Curriculum Vitae, academic record, cover letter and two recommendation letters.