Principal Engineer- Reliability (CRE certification required)
Location: Norman, OK
Job Description: As part of Engineering Team, you will interface regularly with design engineers and will be responsible for quality and reliability improvement for new product development. This includes working on quality & reliability improvement strategic projects and execution.
How you will do it
- Ownership of strategic projects to improve product reliability.
- Develop concise and detailed reliability test plans and approve test reports.
- Component reliability improvements at supplier facilities or develop tests in Reliability Lab.
- Predict reliability gaps based on historic products warranty analysis. Identify critical components and key suppliers for reliability improvement. Follow up with them to facilitate FMEA’s, reliability tests and design improvements on regular basis.
- Develop Reliability Block Diagram and provide valuable input to Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to design team. Identify Critical-To-Reliability.
- Create reliability tests procedures and specifications for new designs or concepts.
- Suggest best design or supplier among different alternatives based on reliability.
- Mentor and guide design team to define reliability and test plan. Work closely with quality and reliability team in our offshore India Tech center.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electronics or Electrical Engineering\
- 3-10 years’ experience in Reliability
- Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) unless Masters or Ph.D. in Reliability
- Experience executing reliability prediction, growth analysis and testing. Development of reliability specifications for new designs.
- Experience in reliability testing and analysis like Mechanical Stress Tests, Corrosion test, Shock/Drop/Vibration Tests and Environmental Tests and Mean Time between Failures (MTBF) concepts.
- Advanced user of reliability software- Reliasoft, Weibull++, ALTA, HALT, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to scale expertise to new technical areas
- Certified Six Sigma certification
- Reliability experience in Electro-mechanical industries like HVAC, Appliance, Automotive, or Electrical Motors