Job Description: Assembly and Test Technology Development (ATTD) Experimental Mechanics Lab deals with thermo-mechanical challenges in the development of advanced packaging technologies. The personnel in this R&D lab use a variety of tools to study the behavior of electronic packages and their material constituents under different mechanical and/or thermal loading conditions: like dynamic warpage of packages using optics-based tools; interfacial adhesion strength using Double Cantilever Beam test; fracture toughness of bulk materials using three-point bend test; material CTE using Digital Image Correlation method; and defect (or crack) detection & classification using optical (or acoustic emission) sensors and AI/ML codes. Employees also develop new metrologies and software capabilities for use with next-gen packaging technologies.
An ideal candidate is one with a strong background in Experimental Mechanics, along with problem solving and programming skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
- Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
- Possess a master’s degree and 6+ months of experience or PhD degree and 1+ years of experience in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, or related field.
- Must have the required degree or expect the required degree by December 2021.
6+ months of experience (master’s degree) or 1+ years of experience (PhD degree) with one or more of the following:
- Material characterization, load frames, DAQs, PID controllers, basic optics, 3D CAD, silicon photonics, Cu-Cu hybrid bonding, and/or structural health monitoring.
- LabView, Matlab, and/or Python programming.
Interested candidates should email their resume to Dr. Pramod Malatkar (email@example.com).