RWE Renewables Americas LLC, Austin, Vereinigte Staaten (US)
To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
Functional area: Commercial
RWE is looking for a Manager, Commercial Analysis to join our team, Commercial Analysis Americas. The team / the Commercial Analysis manager is responsible to provide commercial inputs to the financial decisions such as investment, acquisition, divestment, PPA execution, etc. to fulfill the growth plan of RWE Renewables, 5 billion euros investment by 2022.
- Adhere to our company’s values and behaviors, attend to relevant industry events and represent the company
- Provide market insights on short/medium/long-term development in various power markets (ERCOT, PJM, MISO, NYISO, CAISO, etc.) and various commodities (power, ancillary service, capacity, renewable energy certificates, natural gas, etc.), based on clear understanding of market fundamentals, regulatory development, renewable penetrations, storage / demand response growth, etc.
- Steer Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) pricing, modeling, and negotiation strategies based on strong analytic support for pricing and structuring. Understand PPA structures and scheduling & settlement requirements clearly and quantify key commercial risks linked to the fundamental market developments, renewable penetrations, regulatory development, etc.
- Develop / maintain the internal / external price forecasts and Statistical Learning Models in Python, MATLAB, or R, to provide the quantitative and qualitative forecasts and the key insights for the future development of market price, supply, or demand.
- Perform data / statistical analysis using large amounts of data, visualize and communicate key insights. Most of tasks of this position will requires advanced data analytic skills, handling large amount of data like hourly / sub-hourly wind / solar generation and market prices and visualization of the key insights / knowledge obtained from the analysis
- Solid understanding of power market fundamentals and commodity market risks
- Strong quantitative skills, paying attentions to details but not losing key messages
- Statistical data analysis using one of the computation tools like R, MATLAB, or Python, visualize the highly complex concepts in a simple way
- Programming skills C# or Visual Basic, database skills plus
- Minimum 3 year industrial or research experiences in power and commodity markets
- Master degree required (preferably in electrical engineering, mathematics or other quantitative discipline)