Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Mechanical Engineering – Wayne State University
The Mechanical Engineering Department at Wayne State University invites candidates to apply for a tenure-track faculty position. We expect to make the appointment at the Assistant Professor level, but will consider exceptional senior-level candidates with a strong track record of major external funding and peer-reviewed publications.
Applicants must have an earned doctorate in mechanical engineering or related fields with a concentration in one of the following two areas:
- design and advanced manufacturing systems, hybrid manufacturing processes, implementation of artificial intelligence and machine learning in design and manufacturing, materials informatics and big data design and fabrication of metamaterials, characterization, processing and synthesis of materials, metal Additive Manufacturing processes, scalable and adaptable manufacturing processes.
- robotics, autonomous systems, multi-agent dynamic systems, advanced mechatronic systems and electric vehicles.
Duties involve teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels, introducing new courses in the applicant’s respective field of expertise, developing an externally-funded research program, supervising and mentoring both graduate and undergraduate students, and engaging in professional societies and university services.
The anticipated starting date of employment is August 18, 2021. This position is a 9 month appointment. All applicants must submit their applications through the WSU Online Hiring System at https://jobs.wayne.edu posting No. 044671.
Electronic applications must include
- A letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Names, Addresses, and Contact information for at least three references,
- A personal statement regarding teaching and research activities (limited to 3 pages),
- selected refereed journal publications (limited to 3 papers). Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
The review of applications will begin on November 1, 2020 and the search will remain open until the position is filled. Salary and rank of position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Wayne State University is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Detroit where students from all backgrounds are offered a rich, high quality education. Our deep rooted commitment to excellence, collaboration, integrity, diversity and inclusion creates exceptional educational opportunities preparing students for success in a diverse, global society. WSU encourages applications from women, people of color, and other underrepresented people. Wayne State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.