The Modular Building Institute is providing financial assisting to students in need of funds through their two scholarship programs created for the current year 2020. The awards will act as a great help for the beneficiaries to overcome their economic hurdles and achieve success.
The program is open for the applicants attending or planning to attend a college, university, or higher education. The mechanical engineering student that demonstrates a continued understanding of how heating and air conditioning product are also invited to apply for the Maury Tiernan Scholarship
The Modular Building Institute is the international non-profit trade association serving modular construction founded in 1983. Its members are manufacturers, contractors, and dealers in two distinct segments of the industry. It strives to keep up with the latest trends of the modular/offsite construction industry.
Who May Be Eligible?
Below are some necessary requirements from both of the scholarship program:
- Any course of study is eligible as it does not have to be related to construction.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.0 high school or college grade point average,
- Must be able to submit copies of school transcripts, submit at least one letter of recommendation, and submit a personal statement.
- Applicants to any school may apply for the Maury Tiernan Scholarship
- Must be pursuing a degree directly related to mechanical engineering.
- Verification that students are pursuing a mechanical engineering degree is required, for example, by providing copies of college applications.
- Applicants should demonstrate with a written essay their understanding of mechanical engineering and modular construction. This online application will be used to determine eligibility as well as select a winning student
How to Apply
The Modular Building Institute is accepting applications for the program electronically through an online application form. The eligible students are required to submit their asked documents according to the award they are interested in applying.
- Participate in a tour given by an HVAC manufacturer or supplier of a modular building factory.
- Participate in a client meeting with a modular building dealer or contractor.
- Create a detailed HVAC plan for a modular building.
The MBI Foundation will provide one $2,500 scholarship and the Canadian Foundation provides one $2,500 scholarship. Maury Tiernan will contribute $10,000 towards the education of a deserving student pursuing a mechanical engineering degree. The recipient will get sufficient help to continue or complete their further studies with the help of the grant.
The applications should be submitted by the deadline of August 15 annually.