Congratulations on your admission to the University of Maryland, College Park! We are excited to welcome you to campus and the UMD community this Fall. In order to help with your transition to the Mechanical Engineering Department (ENME), please look through this website for all information concerning orientation, academic life, and the greater Washington, D.C. area. As always, feel free to contact the Graduate Program office with any questions. See you in August!
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate Student Handbook
- MS and PhD Degree Requirements
- ENME Graduate Courses/descriptions
- Fall 2019 Course Schedule
- Graduate School Regulations
- ENME & Graduate School Forms
To register for courses, you will need to create your Directory ID. You can do this by going to www.directory.umd.edu and selecting “Create Your University Director Password.” This will allow you to set up your directory account with UMCP. If you are an international student without a SSN, you will use the last five digits of your SID number instead. This number can be found in your official acceptance letter issued by the Graduate School.
Once you have created your Directory ID, you may now register for courses via www.testudo.umd.edu.
UMD Housing Resources
- UMD Off-campus Housing Services: general site for information pertaining to off-campus housing at UMD.
- OCH101: online searchable database for UMD students that lists available rental housing in the area.
- Graduate Gardens and Graduate Hills: two all-graduate student apartment communities on University property that are managed by private company.
- Apartment Complexes: list of available apartment complexes in College Park, MD.
- Off-campus Housing Training Module: online training guide created by UMD Off-campus Housing Services to help students get started with their housing search.
General Housing Resources
- Craigslist: classified, public site where many people list available housing and items for sale. Be sure to narrow your search to College Park, MD and surrounding area.
- Padmapper: Google service that aggregates available housing in a specific area.
- Terp Nav: UMD pedestrian map with searchable on-campus walking directions
International Enrolling Students
- Complete your iTerp Check-In/Document Check via ISSS
- Complete items on the ISSS Checklist
- Learn more about Applying for a Visa
- Assistantship opportunities in other departments can be found here.
- There are also external funding opportunities available. Information regarding these opportunities can be found though the Graduate website