The newly established Mathematical Institute for Machine Learning and Data Science (MIDS) at KU Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (KUEI) invites applications for a full-time position (100%) at the next possible date for a Akademischer Rat auf Zeit (m/f/d) with an initial contract duration of 3 years with a possible extension for another 2 years. The place of work is Ingolstadt, Germany. Provided that the requirements are met, remuneration will be according to A13 or E13 TV-L pay grade.
The successful candidate pursues independent research at the interface of data assimilation, modeling, machine learning, uncertainty quantification and applications in geosciences. Subfields of particular interest include data-driven algorithms, optimization and applications in weather forecasting. The possibility of habilitation is given and is expressly desired.
· Independent research and publications
· Light teaching duties within the teaching portfolio of the MIDS (equivalent to 5 hours per week during the teaching period)
· Acquisition of third-party funding
· Participation in the research activities of the group
· Contribution to larger structured funding proposals
· Excellent PhD degree in physics, atmospheric sciences or applied mathematics
· Ability to work in a team
· Ability to structure and pursue a successful research agenda
· Flexibility and willingness to travel
· German language skills are not required, but candidates are encouraged to develop those during their employment at the KUEI
· Participation in the development of the newly founded Mathematical Institute for Machine Learning and Data Science (MIDS)
· Team-oriented and well-equipped work environment in central Ingolstadt
· Possibility to pursue own research
· Opportunity and support for career development
Please send your application with the usual supporting documents by e-mail to Prof. Dr. Tijana Janjic (email@example.com) by September 2nd, 2022 (please combine all documents in one PDF file). Your documents should include cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts and degree certificates and at least one letter of recommendation. Applicants’ documents will be deleted after completion of the recruitment process in compliance with data protection regulations.