RIT Kate Gleason College of Engineering Lecturer
The Mechanical Engineering Department at Rochester Institute of Technology is seeking applicants for an open Lecturer position who have a strong commitment to engineering education, student mentoring, and who are focused on the success of students both inside and outside of the classroom. The successful candidate will be expected to teach and develop various mechanical engineering courses and laboratories in accordance with their area of expertise. Applicants should have the ability to support core lecture and laboratory courses as well as upper-level elective and graduate courses such as: Materials Science, Statics, Strength of Materials, Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, System Dynamics, Classical Control Systems, Engineering Analysis, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Measurements Laboratory and Engineering Applications Laboratory. Additionally, lecturers assist student design teams, advise students, participate on departmental committees and engage in continuous personal professional development.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Strong commitment to working with students and teaching excellence
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for instruction and development of instructional materials
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty ; search openings, then Keyword Search 4621BR. Please submit your online application; cover letter; curriculum vitae or resume (1-5 pages), and upload the following attachments:
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy (1-2 pages)
- Statement of Diversity Contribution (1-2 pages)
Please note: References will be requested later of those who advance to the interview phase Questions for the search committee should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application review will begin early July 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.