ExxonMobil Upstream Research Company has an immediate opening for an experienced research engineer to perform subsurface / wells-related research (drilling, completions, etc.) in the areas of Unconventionals and Deepwater / Conventional Oil and Gas development. The position will require the selected individual to be working in a dynamic environment with integrated multi-disciplinary teams including geoscientists, reservoir engineers and operations engineers to support a range of subsurface / wells-related technology development. The position will be located in Spring, TX.
Click HERE to apply!
Job Role Responsibilities
- Research, assess, and develop new technologies, tools and workflows for subsurface / wells-related applications for either the Unconventional or Deepwater / Conventional assets
- Conduct studies in one or more of the following areas to demonstrate and apply newly developed technologies and workflows
- Unconventional completions and fracture diagnostics
- Integrated fracture-reservoir modeling
- Coupled physics modeling for well injection / well production
- Carbonate completion technologies
Expected Level of Proficiency
Candidates should be self-motivated and focused on achieving business results while working in a multi-disciplinary team. Demonstrated teamwork, communication and leadership skills are essential. Technical skill requirements are as follows:
- Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Applied and Computational Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or a closely related field with graduate and / or project work in one or more of the following areas:
- Numerical modeling of fractures or a relevant solid mechanics area
- Fluid mechanics (numerical modeling of flow in wellbore / porous media)
- Coupled-physics modeling (models incorporating fluid + solid mechanics)
- Experimental / numerical modeling for carbonate acidizing treatments
- Lab experimental design & application / field-scale pilots
- Integrated fracture and reservoir modeling
- 5+ years of industry experience in Upstream O&G working subsurface/wells-related research in the aforementioned areas is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in commercial subsurface/wells related software applications such as Kinetix, Kinetix Matrix, ResFrac, NETool, REVEAL, or others
- Experience in using programming languages such as Python, C++, MATLAB. Experience with Machine Learning and other Data Science fields is a plus
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Nearest Major Market: Houston