The Mechanical Engineering Department at Rose-Hulman is searching for inspiring educators who share our passion for teaching undergraduate engineering students. Our mission is “to provide students with the world’s best undergraduate science, engineering, and mathematics education in an environment of individual attention and support.” If this resonates with you, then we think you’ll love what we have to offer.
Rose-Hulman’s Mechanical Engineering Department has established itself as one of the top ME programs in the nation. See what the media and our peer institutions have said by visiting https://www.rose-hulman.edu/about-us/rankings-and-distinction.html. Our scenic campus in Terre Haute, IN is home to an increasingly diverse student body of 2,000 students who are as passionate to learn and create as we are to guide them. Our facilities include modern classrooms, state-of-the-art instructional laboratories, and design-focused innovation centers. Walking the halls, you can’t miss the effect that our open-door culture has on the relationships between our faculty, staff, and students. At Rose-Hulman, education extends beyond the classroom.
We are currently seeking outstanding engineering educators who are interested in teaching courses in the broad areas of:
- Dynamic systems and control
- Material science and manufacturing
In order to identify the strongest match between candidate interests and institutional needs, we ask that applicants identify at least six (6) mechanical engineering, engineering science, or engineering mechanics courses they would be most interested in teaching in our quarter-based system. Please visit our course catalog at http:/www.rose-hulman.edu/academics/course-catalog/current for descriptions of our existing courses.
We welcome applications for tenure-track positions from candidates at any rank (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor) to begin fall 2022. While candidates from any mechanical engineering discipline are welcome to apply, strong preference will be given to those able to assist us in the areas listed above. Requirements include doctorate (by the start of employment) and baccalaureate degrees in mechanical engineering or a closely related field. Essential job functions include teaching and advising students; service to the department, Institute, and professional communities; and professional development.
Applicants must submit the following items to https://jobs.rose-hulman.edu/:
- A cover letter that summarizes key ideas in the statements below. This letter must clearly identify at least six (6) courses you are interested in teaching.
- A statement that discusses your teaching philosophy and accomplishments, while demonstrating that you share our passion for teaching and mentoring undergraduate students.
- A statement that discusses your professional development objectives. Note that Rose-Hulman broadly defines professional development as “continued intellectual growth throughout one’s career.” Professional development may include scholarship in all its forms, including the scholarships of discovery, integration, application, teaching, and learning.
- A separate statement demonstrating your commitment to Diversity and Inclusion. This statement should highlight your particular strengths, experiences, or perspectives that might serve to broaden and enhance our students’ educational experience.
- A current curriculum vitae.
Finalist candidates will also be asked to provide contact information for at least three (3) professional references capable of commenting on the appropriateness of your candidacy at Rose-Hulman.
Additional information on Rose-Hulman and the ME Department is available from https://www.rose-hulman.edu/. For full consideration, candidates should submit their application materials no later than Sunday, November 28, 2021. The search will remain open until the positions are filled.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applications: Only online applications/resumes will be accepted at: https://jobs.rose-hulman.edu until position is filled. Contact Human Resources at 812-877-8153 for questions. EEO/AA