The Smart and Small Thermal Systems group (S2TS) within the Center for Environmental Energy Engineering in the mechanical engineering department, in coordination with its sponsors and collaborators, is looking for qualified senior level or graduate level students (graduate level is preferred) who may be interested in energy analytics/audit, simulation/modeling, as well as hands-on evaluation of commercial buildings energy consumption with the aim of reducing carbon emissions through energy efficiency, renewable energy, and electrification. Competitively paid hourly work or regular graduate student assistantship opportunities are available based on qualifications and matching interest/skills. Expectations and tasks include the following:
- Conduct hands-on and/or computer-driven energy analytics and building energy consumption analysis. Work with other team members in the group and prepare technical energy consumption analysis reports and presentations.
- Attend weekly meetings and report the progress made.
- Participate in presentation of the results and progress review meetings to the sponsor.
Qualifications and Compensation:
- Graduate level students, or senior level standing (graduate level preferred).
- Be available for 15 to 20 hrs per week. While semester-long opportunities will be considered, preference will be given to those interested in two semesters or longer work.
- Have strong interest in energy efficiency/sustainable energy and a GPA of 3.25 or higher. Prior course work and/or experience highly desired. Limited training will be provided.
- Competitive hourly pay, commensurate with the experience and per the allowable university rates.
- We are looking for students who are excited to get involved with this project, demonstrate good performance and enjoy developing competitive skills in this area.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume and a brief statement of interest to Drs. Ohadi (email@example.com), Shooshtari (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Family (email@example.com). Also applicants need to submit their application at: https://forms.gle/TnHvJcroHXwbz8gB7 by no later than September 7th, 2022. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Early applications are highly encouraged.