Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we employ some of the best, brightest and most talented people in the world who work together as part of a winning team.
Work in a team of Statistics-Aided Engineering experts within “Center of Excellence for Development Advanced Statistical Tools and Methods for Quality and Reliability Engineering” to drive the application of advanced and state-of-the-art statistical methods, tools and usages in refining equipment design & development, and accelerating in the resolution of engineering and operations.
- Statistics-Aided Engineering (SAE) expert liaison to engineering function and product development groups to implement complex design of experiments (DOE), statistical modeling, reliability, robust optimization, engineering statistics, and inventive problem-solving.
- Contribute to the development and validation of statistical tools and usages for creating experimental designs, building predictive models, causal inference, and optimization of engineered systems.
- Support execution of Applied Product Characterization methodology and tools in projects in the areas of product and process development, continuous improvement and high-value problems.
- Provide consulting, training, and mentoring of statistical usages and linkages to different levels of roles within Applied Materials.
- M.Sc., but preferred PhD Degree in Statistics/Reliability with minor in Engineering/Science or related fields.
- Expertise in creating and analyzing costumed design of experiments (DOEs), building complex predictive models, Bayesian causal inference, simulation techniques, reliability engineering, statistical/stochastic methods, and statistical software (use and scripting) including R, Stats package: BUGS/ JAGS, API development .
- Strong facilitation, presentation, mentorship and training skills and the ability to build positive working relationships with different levels of roles in an organization.
- Having an experience in deep machine learning/learning/neural network, statistical tools and linkages in the engineering and/or product development and/or queries in JMP, Python, or SQL are a plus.
- Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT
- Market Cap: $43.5 billion
- Fiscal 2018 Revenue: $17.3 billion
- Fiscal 2018 R&D: $2 billion
- Founded: November 10, 1967
- Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
- Global Presence: 93 locations in 17 countries
- Manufacturing: China, Germany, Israel, Italy, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, United States
- Employees: ~21,000 worldwide
- Patents: >12,500 issued
Years of Experience:
7 – 10 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.